SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN #4
FOR: TYPHOON “BUTCHOY” (NEPARTAK)
TROPICAL CYCLONE: WARNING
Issued at : 5:00 p.m., 06 July 2016
Typhoon “BUTCHOY” continues to gain strength as it moves northwest towards Taiwan.
|Location of Center:
(as of 4:00 p.m.)
|615 km East of Basco, Batanes|
|Coordinates:||19.8 °N, 127.8 °E|
|Strength:||Maximum sustained winds of 210 kph near the center
and gustiness of up to 245 kph
|Movement:||Forecast to move Northwest at 30 kph.|
|TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING SIGNAL|
|PSWS||Luzon||Visayas||Mindanao||Impacts of the wind|
Expected in36 hrs.)
|Batanes group of Islands||· Very light or no damage to low risk structures,
· Light damage to medium to high risk structures
· Slight damage to some houses of very light materials or makeshift structures in exposed communities. Some banana plants are tilted, a few downed and leaves are generally damaged
· Twigs of small trees may be broken.
· Rice crops, however, may suffer significant damage when it is in its flowering stage.
|Wave Height (Open Sea): 1.25-4.0 meters|
Estimated rainfall amount is from moderate to heavy within the 600 km diameter of the typhoon.
· Fisherfolk are advised not to venture out over the northern and eastern seaboards of Luzon.
The public and the disaster risk reduction and management council concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next weather bulletin to be issued at 11 PM today.
for additional info: http://www.pagasa.dost.gov.ph/